Affiliate Terms & Conditions
- As a That Website Guy affiliate, you may earn a one-time referral commission (“Reward”) the first time a referred customer makes a payment for any website plan (Basic, Pro, and Ultimate). All orders must be for the purchase of That Website Guy website hosting/building services by a new and unique customer who arrives at thatwebsiteguy.net by clicking on an affiliate tracking link, completes the signup process within thirty (30) days of clicking on the affiliate tracking link, and maintains an active paid account with That Website Guy for a minimum of thirty-one (31) days.
- In the event that multiple affiliates refer the same unique customer, only the last referrer before the customer orders That Website Guy services will receive credit for the referral.
- Referred customers must maintain an active hosting service during any free trial and/or money-back guarantee periods applicable in order for the affiliate Reward to be considered earned. Affiliates will not receive Rewards from customers who cancel their service, receive a refund, or become suspended during these free trial and/or money-back guarantee periods.
- You are solely responsible for keeping all information up to date, including postal and email addresses, name, payment information, and any other personal information that will impact the ability to issue a valid payment. If we do not receive the necessary payment information from you within forty-five (45) days of a qualifying referral sale that would otherwise trigger a Reward, such Reward shall not accrue and no resulting Reward will be owed with respect to such sale.
- Missing or untracked affiliate referrals must be reported within fourteen (14) days of the qualifying referred sale and will be credited to your account at our sole discretion, provided that such credit has accrued pursuant to all terms in the Affiliate Terms of Service. Referrals that are not reported during the then-current referral period will not be credited to your account.
- Earned Rewards are available for redemption after the forty-five (45) day holding period, provided that the Affiliate has opted-in to the affiliate program and entered in their payment information in the thatwebsiteguy.net affiliate dashboard. Earnings are first credited against any unpaid services incurred by the affiliate (if any). For affiliates who have an earnings balance in excess of £20 GBP (after applying against unpaid services), earned Rewards will be paid out via PayPal on the first business day after the 10th of the month. Such Rewards payments are subject to a Paypal processing/transaction fee.
- Affiliates are responsible for making sure they are able to accept payments. Please ensure that your PayPal account can accept payments from UK-based companies.
- Affiliates are responsible for all fees, taxes, exchange rates, surcharges and other expenses incurred in order to receive their Rewards. Please check with PayPal to find out if any of these apply to your account.
- In the event of possible credit card fraud and high cancellation rates, That Website Guy reserves the right to hold Rewards for up to two (2) additional months for verification. At That Website Guy's sole discretion, we reserve the right to cancel Rewards in the event that we are unable to collect funds from the referred customer, the order is fraudulent, the customer cancels within the first 31 days, if it is found that the Reward was earned improperly, or for any other reason.
- If a referred customer initially purchases a website package with a term of at least one (1) year and then downgrades their website package to a term of less than one (1) year within one (1) year of their initial purchase, the applicable Rewards paid to the affiliate will be reversed and deducted from future earnings.
- Referred customers that issue a chargeback or are found to be fraudulent (e.g. false information, fake/stolen credit cards, selling counterfeit goods etc.), as determined at That Website Guy's sole discretion, will be reversed regardless of the amount of time that has passed since the signup occurred.
- Promotional codes must be unique across our entire system. Use of other affiliates or That Website Guy promo codes and offers, which were not created by the referring affiliate, could result in the loss of all commissions and terminate the offending affiliate’s partnership. Promo codes only work for totally new customers (not for existing customers adding more services).
- Promotional code discounts are non-recurring and are only applied toward an account’s first payment.
Affiliate Restrictions and Responsibilities:
- Affiliates MAY NOT use cookie-stuffing techniques that set the tracking cookie without the user actually clicking on the referral link (for example, a 1x1 pixel iframe).
- Affiliates are responsible for ensuring that their tracking code is working properly before sending traffic to That Website Guy's servers. Any modification to the links is the sole responsibility of the affiliate. Rewards may not be paid for tracking errors caused by editing, masking, redirecting, or tampering with affiliate links, as determined at That Website Guy's sole discretion.
- Domain forwarding is prohibited -- you may not purchase a domain and set it to forward directly to our site using your affiliate link.
- Affiliates MAY NOT copy That Website Guy's website or any portions of it, including, without limitation, any of That Website Guy's intellectual property, and display them on their own site or subdomain or use them in any way without That Website Guy's prior expressed written permission.
- Do not bid or otherwise purchase, either directly or indirectly, the search name "That Website Guy" or any misspelling or variant thereof from websites, search engines or other directory referral services.
- Violations of our Anti-Spam Policy or our Terms of Service will result in immediate forfeiture of all Rewards payments. Additionally, you are prohibited from (1) outranking That Website Guy's internal paid search ad on any keywords, (2) direct linking to thatwebsiteguy.net from any paid search ads, and (3) using thatwebsiteguy.net as a display URL.
- Gaining referrals through misrepresentation, improper use of That Website Guy's intellectual property or impersonation of That Website Guy personnel is strictly prohibited and can result in loss of accrued Rewards and/or removal from the program.
- Referred accounts must use different billing and payment methods from the referrer to qualify for Rewards.
- Customers cannot refer themselves or their spouse/civil union partner. No exceptions will be made. Violations can result in the loss of all accrued Rewards and dismissal from the program.
FTC Disclosure Policy:
- It is our intent to treat our customers fairly. Accordingly, we require all That Website Guy affiliates to comply fully with all applicable laws, regulations and guidelines concerning advertising and marketing, including without limitation, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Endorsement Guides, which require that material connections between advertisers and endorsers be disclosed. This means that all affiliate websites (e.g. directories, review/rating sites, blogs and other websites) and any email or collateral that provide an endorsement or assessment of That Website Guy, must prominently disclose the fact that you may receive compensation for referring customers to That Website Guy.
- You are advised to seek and obtain your own legal advice on how these rules apply to your website or other promotional activities for which you receive compensation.
- At our sole discretion, we reserve the right to withhold referral fees and/or terminate the affiliate relationship for your failure to comply with That Website Guy's FTC disclosure policy or with any other applicable regulations or guidelines, as determined by That Website Guy at our sole discretion.
- Affiliate accounts may be deactivated at any time, without warning or notice, and at our sole discretion. Any affiliate who violates That Website Guy's Terms of Service, including without limitation, these Affiliate Program Terms, or any applicable law, is subject to having their affiliate account deactivated immediately, and any and all accrued, but not yet received, Rewards will be forfeited.
- At our sole discretion, any false or misleading advertising or suspected fraudulent activity associated with your affiliate account will result in immediate deactivation.
- Affiliate accounts generating a large number of fraudulent accounts, as determined in our sole discretion, will be deactivated.
- If you would like to discontinue your participation in the Affiliate Program at any time, simply remove your affiliate links from your website and no longer promote them, and disable your enrolment option in your thatwebsiteguy.net affiliate dashboard. For accounting purposes, our systems will retain your account and personal information.
We reserve the right to modify or cancel our Affiliate Program at any time. Your continued use of this service after modifications have been made constitutes an acceptance of the updated terms. If you do not agree with the updated terms, your only recourse is to stop utilising our services and to terminate your agreement with us!